Friday, May 28, 2010

Yoga Love!

I noticed that I haven't written much about my love of yoga. It's funny because I've been practicing for the past 7 years or so and it has truly become one of the things I most love to do. Recently I've been telling a few more people about it and I figured I should probably write about it on here as well.

Not exactly yoga, but ready to workout nonetheless!
{Image from my personal collection}

I started in high school practicing with a Vinyasa DVD after I quit swimming and water polo as a way to stay in shape. I continued in college by taking Iyengar yoga with one of the instructors on campus and it soon became the thing I looked forward to every week. Upon graduating, I took a couple classes at my gym, but craving more of a challenge, I started doing Bikram yoga. With Bikram, I definitely found a challenge and also a way to reconnect with that zen feeling I've been missing since college.

Partaking in my love of swimming
{Image from my personal collection}

Yoga has definitely changed my life. It's not only made me more aware of my body and the things it can do, but also given me a new appreciation for the things around me. Honestly, I think the world would be a much better place if everybody practiced yoga. I've been trying to get everyone I know to try it and I've even been considering getting certified as an instructor so I can share it with others. For now, I'm just excited to talk about it with anyone and everyone!

2 comments:

  1. yoga is great, it instantly makes me more flexible. however, i have never really ever kept it up. i should start again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to try yoga. Maybe I'll add that to my New Year's resolutions list. ♥

    ReplyDelete