Thursday, April 29, 2010

"I want someone. Not just anyone. For a while. And then longer."

It's funny being single. It seems like everyone (and their mom) literally, is trying to set me up with this great guy they know, whether it's a friend's son, their nephew, their stepdaughter's best friend's brother and so on. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the help, but is it so impossible that I'd like to do things my way. I don't want just anyone and I'm happy in my life. I'm happy enough that if I don't meet that someone, then I refuse to settle for just anyone.


"All is fair in love and war." ~ From Renaissance English poet and playwright John Lyly's Euphues (1578).
{Images from: Audrey Hepburn Complex}

And when I do meet a guy I think is worthy of my affections and it doesn't work out for one reason or another, I don't want to be comforted by someone telling me "You're a pretty girl. There's so many ugly people that find someone. Of course you'll find meet someone." As if that makes me feel better. It only points out that so-called ugly people are getting more lovin' than I am!


"The course of true love never did run smooth." ~ William Shakespeare
{Images from: Daydream Lily}

I also don't want to be told that I'm being too picky or that I'm looking for the wrong kind of guy. That just questions my judgment when I'm already down. I know that the people who say these things mean well and only want to cheer me up, but I know what I want and maybe it's not what everybody else thinks that I should want, but it's what I know will make me happy.



"Tis better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all." ~ Alfred Lord Tennyson
{Images from:
Daydream Lily, So About what I said}


I'm sorry for the rant. Normally these types of posts are reserved for my private blog, but the quote I posted as my title (via Single-ish) really spoke to me today because it's exactly how I feel. So, I just want to say that I'm going to keep searching for that special someone and in the meantime enjoy my single-dom and be happy in my life until I do.


What would Angie do? She'd tell them all to take a hike! {Image from: Tomb Raider}

2 comments:

  1. I found the quote from Single-ish too and it really struck me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi dear! ahh, i like this post & can definitely relate.
    when people find out someone is single they like to offer all sorts of advice and reasons and it can be so frustrating and annoying!
    i've heard numerous times, that you'll find someone when you least expect it and when you are most comfortable with being single. here's to hoping! :)

    ReplyDelete