Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Channeling Indiana Jones

Who is your favorite fictional hero? I actually have a few, but one of my favorites is Indiana Jones. He's incredibly smart (i.e. he can speak multiple languages and is a college professor), he spends his free time traveling the world in search of treasure, and he's saved humanity from evil threats time and again.




Indy always saves the day! {Images from: Indiana Jones}

I remember the first time I watched Indiana Jones. To me, he was the epitome of cool and ever since I've had a fascination with all things related to Indy. I think it is probably one of the reasons I love to travel and why I played so many explorer-type games as a little girl. I know he's not a real person, but Indy inspires me to step out of my comfort zone and turn life into one big adventure.


Indy can always get out of a scrape...

So, I've finally decided to go to Machu Picchu this summer! I've booked the trip, so that I officially can't make any more excuses for delaying the journey. I'm also going alone. Before you feel too sorry for me, this is a solo trip by choice. I've taken a few solo journeys in the past, but I've been feeling a little off center, and so I think that this will be the ultimate journey, both physically and mentally.



Hopefully I won't encounter any of these guys...

On the one hand, it's scary thinking that I will be fending on my own for a whole two weeks in a foreign country...



I know how you feel big guy...

But on the other hand, I know that this will probably be the adventure of a lifetime. Just to give you a little taste of it, I'll be sleeping in airports, rafting through some rapids, and then hiking for 3 days down the Inca Trail to reach the ruins. After this, I think I'll finally be worthy of wearing the infamous fedora... maybe.



Looking good wielding a whip, machete, or gun!

Let the planning begin! So tell me, are any of you taking any adventures or do you have any fictional heroes you'd like to tell me about?


1 comment:

  1. My BFF is mad in love with Indiana. I just emailed her this post! :)

    ReplyDelete