Tuesday, June 9, 2009

What two words would describe you?

In one of my first posts, I mentioned that I was reading the book Style Statement. Well, I finally finished it and I came up with my Style Statement! It is... Classic Adventure. Now, for those of you who have not read the book, you might not know what it means, but basically these two words are supposed to be my very essence. The first word makes up my core-- my 80% and the second word makes up the part of me that is uniquely me, so the 20% that gives me my flair.
angelina jolie vogue photoshoot
angelina jolie vogue photoshoot
Angelina Jolie's photoshoot in Vogue by the fabulous Annie Leibovitz
personifies for me what it means to be Classic Adventure.

When I came up with the statement, all I could think was: I knew it all along! I've always known that deep down I'm very traditional and I tend to be attracted to things that are timeless and universally appealing. However, there's also a part of me that is very adventurous and spontaneous and vivacious that craves the new and exciting.
angelina jolie vogue photoshoot
I've always been very introspective, and I pretty much knew these things about myself already, but it's amazing how after reading the book and answering all the questions I was able to realize that the biggest problems in my life-- whether in outfits, relationships, or health have come about because I'm trying to be too much of one and not enough of the other or neither entirely. For example, sometimes when I meet new people I feel the need to portray my adventurous side overly much and in doing so, they are usually surprised when they realize that I'm not actually a crazy, wild, spontaneous person all the time-- or even much of the time.

This has definitely given me a lot to think about and now I'm curious to see what my friends and family get out of it.
angelina jolie vogue photoshoot
So tell me, even if you haven't read the book, what two words would you use to describe yourself?

angelina jolie vogue photoshoot






No comments:

Post a Comment