Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Updates & Alice In Wonderland

Well, it's been a little while. I've been so super incredibly busy at work, my gym time, and writing my novel, that my blog has kind of taken the backburner. I just finished reading the Physick Book of Deliverance Dane, I'm currently reading the Philosopher's Apprentice and I'm going to start the Lost City of Z. I'm such a bibliophile. :)

In other news, Father's day and my sister's birthday went off without a hitch. We had a great time grilling some steaks and I served the role of bartender and made some super yummy drinks. I'm also planning on starting Bikram Yoga this week. I took one class a few months ago in LA and was completely blown away. I've been practicing yoga for about 5-6 years now and consider myself to be pretty limber and so when I took the class, the poses weren't that intense, but combined with the heat created one of the best workouts I've ever had. It will be a bit pricy, but I think it's totally worth it to get fully in shape.

So, the reason why I just had to post today is because I just saw the stills for Tim Burton's ALice in Wonderland, and I was so blown away. The movie looks like it's going to be a whimsical and creepy take on the book, and I have to say that I am really looking forward to seeing it. So without further ado, I'm posting the stills below and I'm also posting some pictures from Annie Leibovitz's Alice in Wonderland shoot for Vogue. Stunning!




















{Images from: Coming Soon, New York Post}

And... here are the Vogue images I was referring to. Aren't they great?


















{Images from: Vogue}

2 comments:

  1. I love all these photos! I have Alice in Wonderland on my bookshelf.. maybe it's time to crack it open again.

    (I just found your blog today. And the writing-a-novel mention caught my eye, because I am too... well, I have been off and on for the last... ever. How's yours going? What's it about?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel,

    My novel is kind of stalled right now. I've been working on some other things and I have a massive case of writer's block. I have about 100 pages right now, but I still don't know how my book will end. My characters aren't behaving the way I want them to! :) I'm sure you know what I mean. Good luck on your novel and definitely let me know how it's going!

    Bibi

    ReplyDelete