Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What are your goals for the summer?

I think that starting a blog the day before memorial day weekend might have been a mistake, since clearly I didn't blog for the entire weekend! I meant to, but somehow time caught up with me!

The weekend: Friday, I headed up to the city to hang out with my old college roomie. We had a great time that night, although Saturday we definitely slept in and then did nothing but lay around, drive, and eat. Ha! Actually we drove around SF, and then drove down to MV so that I could grab some stuff, and then drove down to Santa Cruz. The weather was a bit crummy, but I was so happy to be at the beach! Sunday, I came back to MV and spent the day with my mom, then yesterday I went on a cleaning and mini shopping binge. I completely organized my closet after almost a year of living at my apartment, and bought some new goodies for the living room. I absolutely LOVE home decorating! Oh, and I watched a Star Wars movie marathon on MTV. I'm kind of on love with Han Solo, not gonna lie!


How can you not love that face?

Overall, it was a BUSY weekend, but pretty much exactly what I needed. I had so much me-time, it was ridiculous, and now I feel ready to be social again!

Other stuff: One of the reasons that I started this blog is to keep me on track with some of the things I want to accomplish, so I'm including some of my goals, just to keep me honest!

Personal: I just bought the book Style Statement and so far am really enjoying it. It asks you a series of questions to come up with your own personal 2 word style statement that conveys the essence of you. I'd like to finish this within the next couple weeks. Can't wait to see what I am!


Wonderful book! Carrie & Danielle are geniuses!

Body: I finally got into a workout routine again! This was pretty difficult to start, but now that I've started, it's become habitual. I've been going between 3-4 days a week, and I lost about 10 pounds since I started. I'd like to step it up a bit. I'm already doing a kickboxing class once a week, and I'm thinking about buying a workout video like Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred (which I've heard wonders about) to do once a week as well. My goal is to lose another 10 pounds, which should get me to my weight when I started college. I really want to maintain that weight and also keep the healthy lifestyle I've adopted (minus my splurge this weekend), so even if it takes a few months to do this, I think it would be better than losing it all at once just to gain it again!


Will she whip me into shape?

Mind: I've always loved writing, and I've decided that I want to pursue this more. It's something that always makes me feel happier once I've done it, and so I think that having all these creative outlets might help. I'm already blogging for my company blog, and this one is for me to say the more personal stuff. I'm also working on a novel-- I have about 20 pages written, which is a pretty big accomplishment I think. I won't say too much more about this, but my goal is to write a little bit every day and hopefully finish by the end of the summer.


How great is this writing space? Image from Decor Amor

So, these are some of my big summer (and life) goals. Wish me luck and tell me, what are some of your goals for the summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment